Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spiritual Values vs Materialistic Values

Something about a well-known subject of happiness.
I believe there are two basic concepts of getting closer to the state of happiness:

  • Collecting materialistic values and 
  • Gaining spiritual treasures.

Do I have to say which is much more acknowledged by the majority of the humankind?

Collecting material values is the number one choice for most of us.
Here is the trap, however.
The more we have the more we want to have. It holds true with anything: houses, islands, cars, lands, money...you name it.
To satisfy the hunger of our pride, this 'monster' living in us, is almost impossible.
As soon as we have a new car, we think of another one bigger, more modern or more comfortable.
At the very instant we see something worth seeing in the possession of our neighbors, we become restless, sleepless unless we own the same something or preferably, better...
But the worse thing is that these values do not please us for a long time-a day a week a month, perhaps.
Than, at once we find out that a nice journey is what we need for a complete happiness!
We return home and realize that geography is not the way to escape from yourself. 
Yet, even much worse that we feel we are still far from the so long awaited state of happiness: something is still missing and we are sure that as soon as we possess this something we will become happy.

Now, spiritual way of moving towards happiness.
This is how you grow spiritually: what kind of wise books you read, what people you listen to and how much you think about what you are ready to bring to people around you.
In short, your mission.
Your message to the people of the world. Why 'the world'?
Simple: the messages you post in your blogs, the comments you post are read by people from as many as seventeen -twenty countries from all corners of the planet!
You are responsible for forming your readers' philosophy.
Today one of my students asked me if I hoped that what I shared with my listeners would immediately change something in the way they see they thing of behave.
"I'm just doing what I believe is true, correct!" I replied.
I am responsible for anything I say and do.This is my credo and this is my message.
We are responsible for our own spiritual growth because spiritual treasures do not change daily!
That is their real value!
Till next time!
George





No comments: