Friday, June 17, 2011

The War of Goals.

 In the book Goals, Brian Tracy describes his experience of rewriting goals every day.
As soon as I read, it I set off for a trip of rewriting my goals.
Brian also explained that rewriting goals daily is a powerful tool to prioritize goals and after several days or rewriting anyone doing that eventually comes to a list of goals in the most important sequence for the goal-maker.
Now, here is what I have discovered.
After two weeks of doing goal rewriting exercise I had an enormous headway in one of my goals connected with improvement of my financial situation.
 This rapid progress required a lot of time investment which made it impossible to work on my other goals: that goal devoured all the time that could have been devoted to other goals.
What to do?
  1. Go ahead with the ‘left behind’ goals and try to work on them according to my plan. 
  2. B. Reduce the number of the goals (not to feel embarrassed for not working on all goals simultaneously)
  3. Postpone the rest of the goals and make them real at a later date.
Any of the above didn’t seem to work well.
I tried to sort the situation out and have finally come up with the following solution:
As the movement ahead is so powerful in the goal of the financial sector, which is my #2 goal, the Lord considers it of my high priority and thus plans the advancement in this direction.
’What a relief,” I said and took all the three variants as real ones and went on relying completely on the will of the Creator, praising Him for His holy help and support.          

No comments: