Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How to achieve an enormous effect of your speech

"How to achieve an enormous effect of your speech"
Toastmasters 5th speech
Dear Fellow toast masters
Benjamin Franklin once said, 
“There are two ways to acquire wisdom; you can either buy it or borrow it. By buying it, you pay full price in terms of time and cost to learn the lessons you need to learn. By borrowing it, you go to those men and women who have already paid the price to learn the lessons and get their wisdom from them.

There are a lot of techniques to boost your speech performance
Which one works best for you?
Let me ask you a question?
What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?


              Hello, I am George Rusky and today I will tell you about the method I started using to achieve a better effect of my speech.
 I borrowed it from my mentor Brian Tracy., using Tony Robbins’s method of addressing the public I will ask you:
“Who gets a cup of coffee, say “I”!”
I guess, everyone has her morning routine.
You know what I do?
I make a morning speech which I am sure helps me to improve my general speech performance.
Here’s how it happen.
Imagine a morning in my flat with a small corridor and a big mirror in it.
So, the first thing in the morning I go to the mirror.
The picture I see doesn’t make me happy: you now, an old man, red eyes, shoulders bent, grey messy, hair…but suddenly I say
 ”I like myself! I like myself! I like myself!...”
I start my speech.
After such a promising introduction I go on to the body of my speech and declare: ”I can make it, and I repeat this affirmation several times after which I clarify the message and say: ”I can make a million!”
Who wants to be a millionaire, say “I”
Excellent, Martin. Please tell me dear fellow toast master if you have a sum of 6 thousands czk?
Congratulations and welcome to the millionaire club because 6oooczk equals exactly 1,000,000 bel rubles
Actually when I say :”I can make a mln,” I actually mean at least Czk mln
After that great body of my speech, I go on to the conclusion and say:
”I am the best and repeat this affirmation several times.”
I spread my shoulders, lift my chin and put in order my hair!
Now I am ready to go into the world and in such high spirits I go thru the day 
ignoring completely negative news, violence, murders and all media rubbish.
I spread positive emotions, attitudes and deliver good news.
But that is not all about my speech practicing.
At the end of the day, I come to my mirror, this my podium, stage, speaking platform and deliver my evening speech.
You know what I start with?
“I like myself…….
In high spirits I go to bed sleep soundly because it is essential with what  thoughts you go to bed.
On the next day I repeat the whole procedure again.
Helen Douglas, legislator, the first woman elected to the US Congress once said: 
"Character is built daily by the way one thinks and acts - thought by thought, action by action." 

And now, let me conclude my 7 minutes with the way Brian Tracy ends his messages:
To put immediately into action these powerful techniques, do the following:
  1. Prepare and practice your morning speech.
  2. During the day collect only positive information and deliver only good news.
  3. End your day with the powerful evening speech.                                                                                                                                 Following these three steps, dear fellow toastmasters you will make your every speech irresistible.

E N D




No comments: