Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Giving vs Getting

Having filled in the gas into my car, I went to pay for the gas 391 Czech crowns with the intention of giving 9 czk to the cashier.
It was Friday and I felt I could do something nice.
I took of the pocket 500 czk and boldly said to the woman behind the counter:
"Keep the change,"
clearly understanding that 9 czk wouldn't be to much of a loss to me.
The woman behind the counter did as she was asked.
Pleased with myself I left the gas station.
How terrified I was when I after 5 minutes, realized that instead of nine czk I had given a 100 and nine!
I went on driving angry with myself for having made such a stupid mistake when I suddenly thought:
"If it happened, it must have happened!"
After such a self-calming observation I tried to leave this annoying thought and switch my mind into something else.
On the next day I went to a saxophone repairman to show him a borrowed instrument and to buy a new one and to my complete surprise, the serviceman repaired my old sax free ( a work worth of 800 czk) and then agreed to give me a discount of 675 czk for the new one!
Even without a calculator it was clear: the Lord compensated my loss 15 times more (800 czk + 675 czk )!!!
You know what?
When we hear theses stories from others we never believe them (at least I don't )
But how to not believe when this happens to you?
Cheers
George



  

No comments: