Thursday, January 17, 2013

Listening is the Key to Success

                           Yesterday one of my students proudly showed me a series of exercises consisting of a number of sentences from the text with the questions to each sentence.
"I spent more than an hour doing these exercises," he said.
                       Having not received an immediate, seeming so obvious appreciation, he was waiting for my reaction. I knew, my reply would not please the student, but I felt obliged to damage his false theory of doing the work that lead to now-where. Proving the latter didn't take me long: I read the sentences and offered Honza without looking into his home work, to ask special questions.
He failed to do so. The paradox, however, was that almost all the questions had been written correctly!
Simply said, Honza followed so nicely tested by time and generations of students an old-fashioned method of doing written grammar exercises.

Dear learners of English,
Writing is the wrong path of learning that will never lead to speaking!
        Speaking is only a product of doing oral exercises!
"What on earth, do I have to do?!" my poor student exclaimed.
"Trust me," I replied.
"Watch my videos and do what you are supposed to do," was my final advice.
"Click the link below and follow the video instructions," I added.
By the way, you can do that too. Just click the following link.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJQj9i8_3A
 Wishing you the best of success
George Rusky

No comments: