Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hi again
So, I bought a book called "Jewish History and Culture" that was considered as a course textbook for
-learning the subject, then
-taking /passing the test, and
-finally earning a precious Certificate for working as a guide in Jewish town.
The course scheduled on 7, 9 October, the test - 23 October, and as I had bought the book in May, there was a lot of time to go.
Three months passed but I was still thinking of the "S" day to start studying the book.
On the last day of August I made a big decision: I started working hard on the materials and step by step with loads of notes on paper, two weeks later ended the book.
The first move was done and I looked optimistically forward to the days to come.
September went on in hard work but I still felt there was much to fix firmly in the memory: dates, names, places, events and the rest of 140 + pages book.
To make a long story short, on the first day of the course I canceled all my business meetings and went to the Jewish education center by city transport (in this part of Prague parking is a dream for many).
I was walking nervously towards the place looking on the numbers on the buildings when suddenly heard heavy steps behind me.
I let the runner pass when someone called my name just over my shoulder!
It was my friend who had recommended me to take this course half a year ago.
"I just couldn't leave you alone," he explained to me when I asked him why he had been there.
We went up to the third floor and sat in a classroom.
Two days of class lectures and terrain excursions passed quickly and we were peacefully sent home to get ready for the test.
( In accordance with the regulations applicants are allowed to take four tries: one free and three for small payment. By the way, each time a different variant).
I was travelling back home in a strange mood: there was still much to prepare for the test and, surely,  I wanted least of all to repeat the test all four times :-)
Would you like to know how it went on?
Read on :-)
Yours
Georges :-)
   

No comments: