Sunday, November 10, 2013

Starting a New Career

Hi Folks
Long time not see/talk :-)
As many of us who try to start new endeavors, I have come with another life-changing project of studying life of Jewish people in Prague.
Why not someone else?
If you ask such a question you may have never thought of Jewry as the nation whose history deserves perhaps more serious attention and learning than many of us got used to think.
But let me first explain how I had come to the idea of studying the history of Jewish people.
I have one acquaintance a Mr Jiri Kos, whose hobby is to find new challenges to make my life more adventurous and at the same time to earn some extra money.
Once he offered me to get a part-time job as a porter at a prestigious hotel.
I refused.
On another occasion he came with the idea of shifts at a parking spot, nights shifts.
I refused.
Then a few other proposals appeared but they all were finally declined.
One day, however he asked me to think about working as a guide at Jewish Museum in Prague.
My friend told me that I would have to take a two days course and then to pass a test before staring a new career.
I felt it was a chance to me and agreed at once.
A week later I met with a professional guide, one of my ex-colleagues and having received some advice what to start with I embarked on a new exciting endeavor: studying the history of Jewish people.
Tomorrow I will tell you how it went on :-)
Till then
Cheers
George

  
      

No comments: