Saturday, November 16, 2013

Repetition est Mater Studiorum

Repetition is the Mother of Study
After the first attempt to pass the test, I  thought a lot about my result: different ideas, explanations, reasons, excuses.
Every time the situation was seen from another angle.
Most of the resolutions brought me to the resume:
                    The Creator knows what is good to me. 
The Czechs interpret the Latin quotation which I had chosen for the title of the message as : "Repetition is the mother of wisdom" 
They believe that if one wants to become wise, they have to do things repeatedly.
Then, we may ask a natural question:
"Who does the process of repetitions in life start with?"
With parents, of course. Mother wants her baby repeat the words after her, then Father wants his son repeat some actions/works done according to his Father's example properly and as a parent and educator only he defines the right number of repetitions/times before things are done properly.
I remembered how it was with me when my Dad told me to do things repeatedly, or to learn school subjects again and again.
Naturally enough I ended my kaleidoscope of thoughts in my present situation. I at once saw the explanation of my situation as if it was written on a piece of paper in front of my eyes: The Father wants me to repeat as many times as it is necessary so that I could be ready to start a new career of serving His people.
He wants me to become wise and therefore makes me repeat things as many times as He considers it is necessary...
This discovery made me feel much better, brought peace in my soul and with light heart went to another round of preparation for the test.
Tomorrow, the rest of the "Test" story.
Till then

George

No comments: