Thursday, November 14, 2013

The First Try

On the 23 October I went to the test.
Was I ready, or rather, did I feel prepared?
Hard to say. After a significant brake of not having any serious tests at all, this new challenge made me both nervous and excited as well as stressed and scared.
Talking about the days of having the tests, we could choose any of the following four days: 23 October, 7 November, 19 November and 2 December, the final try.
I decided to start with the first and then whatever happened, use the following all terms.
Contrary to my expectations, we were not provided with any instructions for the test, apart from the basic rule of 54-45 where the first number was the amount of test questions and the other one-a minimum correct answers to pass the test.
Another trouble-making aspect the test was the system of questions, that made the test very different from many: we were not supposed to choose from  a-b-c-d alternative answers but to briefly write sentences with correct answers to the questions put.
We also learned that the unfortunate applicants could see their works with comments of the teacher, while the successful candidates would be sent the confirmation of passing the test with the instructions of receiving the precious license for guiding tourists in the Jewish quarter of Prague. ( In the message to come, I'll try to convince you: it is the place well worth seeing.)
Several weeks of hard work passed and I went to the test.
It took me one hour and twenty minutes to answer the questions and help a couple of neighbors to write their answers too.
On the next day I received the e-mail from the secretary of the Prague Information Service that my first effort had been unsuccessful :-(
A surprise?
Hardly so.
"It happens," I said to myself. "Next time will be better!"
Was it???
Next message will give you the answer to this question!
Till next time!
Bye-bye!
George  


   

No comments: