Thursday, November 21, 2013

An unexpected twist of destiny

Hello,
It may seem very funny, but learning the history of Jewish people in the Czech Republic opened a new page in my aesthetic and cultural life - I started painting pictures.
Howdid  it happen?
How all happens in life-it just comes from somewhere and occupies your mind.
Now, instead of telling people about the history of Jews in Bohemia, I spent most of my time with finding motives for my future pictures.
And, clearly enough, I arrived at a good number of painters of Jewish origin.
First, being a Russian myself, I was interested in painters worked in Russia.
First of all of course I tried to find about painters born on the territory of present Republic of Belarus. This is how I came close to such big names as Mark Shagal and Abram Manevich.
The collection of my first works which I painted in the way children do their pictures: they just put colors to the forms of people, animals and other things.
Of course they could hardly be qualified as true paintings, but at least I made efforts to create some nice pictures.
Here you can see some of them published.
Enjoy!

George


No comments: